As an independent garage, we can source exhausts from various manufacturers in order to give you the best price.
We only fit quality exhausts, cheaper poor quality exhausts on the market will not last, just like everything else – you get what you pay for, the same applies for exhausts. A new exhausts will have a hollow sound for a while, whilst the combustion gases from the engine line the inside of the exhaust.
We hold stock on a range of batteries to suit most vehicles. If we don’t have your battery in stock, we can usually obtain one from one of our main suppliers within the hour. Battery technology is changing so much, so it’s important to use the correct battery type as a replacement.
Top Tips for Batteries
- Before fitting or removing a battery, make sure that all the equipment connected to it is switched off.
- When undoing the connections to the battery terminals, disconnect the earth/negative connection first (usually a black cable).
- Connect the battery to the charger before switching the charger on.
- The charging rate in amps should not be more than 1/10th of the battery’s rated capacity in ampere-hours (Ah).
- If a battery has become deeply discharged it will not a accept a charge rate of more than 1/20 of the stated ampere-hour capacity.
- Using automatic chargers or boost chargers is not recommended for deeply discharged batteries.
- Charging batteries can give off flammable fumes, so make sure there are no naked flames nearby and there is adequate ventilation.
- If battery acid gets into your eye, rinse continuously with clean running water and consult your doctor.
- If a battery is to be taken out of service for a period longer than a month, then it should be fully charged and disconnected.
- When reconnecting the battery, connect the positive connection first (usually a red cable).
- Best tip of them all – Just come to us, we will sort everything for you.